You can become a Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion (EMHC) to support our Masses at St. Teresa’s Church. We are looking for people who are willing to serve our Lord during Mass and to the homebound. Preparation for this ministry includes:
- Formal instruction through the Office of Liturgy by attending a diocesan EMHC workshop. The EMHC workshop includes topics on liturgical ministry, the Mass, theology of the Eucharist, the Paschal Mystery and a review of diocesan guidelines.
- Onsite parish instruction as to local customs and responsibilities, hands-on practice, knowledge, and understanding of parish procedures and responsibilities and an opportunity for sharing with others in the ministry.
We will be hosting the EMHC Diocese’s training on August 19, 2017. The Diocese training will be from 9:00am till about 12:00 and the St. Teresa’s training will be from 12:00-12:45. Please note that there are additional requirement for the Ministry to the Sick.
Other requirements for EMHC are:
- Those who fulfill this ministry are to be fully initiated, active members of a parish.
- They should be of sufficient age (at least 15 years old), maturity and temperament to undertake this ministry.
- They must have no impediment to receiving Holy Communion and participating in the sacramental life of the Church.
- Candidates should be physically able to exercise this ministry.
Additional documentation can be found here.
We will have registration signup after all Mass on August 5-6, 2017. If you cannot sign-up this week-end, the form can be found here, please fill it out and return it to the Church office before August 14th. Please click here to save a spot in the class. The registration fee is waved if you take the training at St. Teresa.